Friday, October 10, 2008

Having lunch at school - embarrsing my kid

Alright, the weekend is finally here. Today is family picnic day with sweet baby girl. It's always fun and the kids are so happy that they don't have to eat cafeteria food! And they are actually happy that their parents come to have lunch with them. Unlike my high schooler who would die if I showed up to have lunch with him! I tried to trick him and his friends last week. I had to get some extra football tickets for the game and the secretary in the athletic office was on an early lunch. So I had to go to the school cafeteria to buy the tickets. Being the loving doting mother I am, I was so excited that I was going to get to see my baby at lunch. Unfortunately my timing wasn't perfect and they were already finished and getting ready to go to class. But if you could have seen their faces when I walked up. I told one of the boys I had come to have lunch with them and he almost choked. I acted really disappointed that they were not happy to see me. Of course my son tried to act like he didn't know me, like his friends don't know me!! Ha. Anyway it's fun to be a parent - most of the time.

100 years of football continues. Tonight we will honor players from the 1980's - my "era". Hope to see some old friends and their families. Cruisin' the Coast will wind down this weekend. I hope to get out and see some of those Ford Mustang and Chevy Camero cars that I "covet". Forgive me Lord - I am truly thankful for the Windstar mini-van!!

No comments:

From this day forward - 25 years later

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday June 29,2010 with dinner at the BlowFly Inn with the children. It has been the first ...