Friday, June 19, 2009

Beverly Hills Granny!?


My sweet girl and I have been tending a garden the past few months thanks for the sweat of my wonderful father-n-law who set everything up and helped us plant. I saw this cute pattern for a "gathering apron" and thought we are going to need that once the garden get going good. So I sewed up one for Mandy and will eventually get around to finishing mine. Anyway, I was recently reading one of my favorite site "Southern Plate". Christy had a recipe for making your own laundry soap. I was talking to my husband about trying this recipe. Now I started feeling pretty good about myself - I'm growing a garden and doing pretty well (see pictures below), doing some sewing and wanting to do some more sewing and now I'm thinking about making my own soap. I told my husband I felt like Laura Wilder on Little House of the Prairie. My adorable 16 year old son who is a man of few words piped in and said "No mom, you're more like Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies! All I have to say to that boy now is - possum vittles for you!

No comments:

From this day forward - 25 years later

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday June 29,2010 with dinner at the BlowFly Inn with the children. It has been the first ...