Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 29, 1985


Can't believe it. I have been married for 24 years. That's more than half my life, I think... We spent the first 8 just the two of us. What a life we had. And we knew we were living the good life. Then came along surprise #1. What changes he brought to us. Good changes though. Another 8 years later and surprise #2. And she brought us more change. And it has been good change too. Well it has been another 8 years and there is no surprise #3. I don't think we'd be up to the challenge. Well that's not true. God would get us through it. He always had and always will. I think back to the day we got married and remember thinking I didn't really know what I was doing, but I did know that Mike was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I had never lived away from home and he moved me 600 miles away from home. God has truly blessed us through the years. He has carried us through times that I never thought we would have to handle. Mike and I have done a lot of growing up too. Well I've done most of the growing up - boys will be boys ;) Now I'm sure I have made him so mad he couldn't see straight and he has managed to get on my last nerve a time to two, but he still is my very best friend.

We now have a teenager on the verge of getting his driver's license. There's only two years of high school left for him. His summers off from school have kept him busy the last couple of years. I guess this is getting us prepared for him leaving the nest one day. Our little darling will be a cheerleader for the first time this year. She looks so grown for an 8-1/2 year old. How the time flies and yet it only seems a short time ago when we were starting out - just the two of us. We were young and happy and in love. We may not be so young anymore but we are happy and still in love.

No comments:

From this day forward - 25 years later

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday June 29,2010 with dinner at the BlowFly Inn with the children. It has been the first ...