Monday, June 15, 2009

Time flyng by...

I thought I'd be better at this blogging thing. I mean I get on the computer most days and thought I would have time to jot down those funny little things that happen in my day so I could go back some day and try to remember. Does that make sense - look back and try to remember. Well anyway, my children just won't listen to me. I don't want them to grow up and yet they seem to be doing it at lightening speed. My precious little boy is now a handsome 16 year old young man who I could not be more proud. For instance, this past weekend we went to Jackson for a baseball tournament - boy was it hot. Anyway, the team played two games on Friday and two games on Saturday. We went undefeated in the tournament - Go Admirals! We drove home Saturday night pulling in the driveway around 10:30pm. After getting sweet baby girl to bed I had decided "we" wouldn't make Sunday School in the morning. When I broke the news to Jake he was not happy. So I told him I would not be setting my alarm but if I happen to wake up in time to make it we would go. Well I heard him in the shower around 8:30 the next morning and grunted under my sheets. His daddy took him to church and came home. The three of us lazy bums slept the rest of the morning. Now Jake was the one who played four games in the heat - we just were in the stands drinking water, enjoying snowballs, etc. And he got up to make church. What an awesome testimony. He has continued to make good grades in school, stay out of trouble and is the best big brother any little sister could hope for. His little sister will realize it one day - I promise. Speaking of that little sister she's is quite a young lady. She has the sweetest heart. She's only eight-n-half and still wants to spend as much time as I will give to her. We (meaning Papa who did the hard labor and Mandy and me being the watering girls) have been enjoying our little garden. We have had a great crop of squash, some cucumbers and a load of tomatoes waiting to ripen on the vine. The most exciting part of the garden though is the watermelon patch. We have started a chart to keep up with the growth. Tomorrow we take our 2nd set of measurements. We have about 12 melons growing on the vine. I made gathering aprons for us to wear out to the garden as we gather the fruits of our labor. We have had a lot of fun with it. Mandy is also taking a sewing class this week at Lynn Meadows Discovery Center. Her first day was pretty good even though she has not mastered tying a knot. She made a pin cushion today and started a pocket to keep her scissors and other notions. Other items she will complete this week are a bandana shirt and apron. Hopefully this will be a start to some fun sewing for the two of us. Tonight I told her as we finished up the kitchen how thankful I was that God gave me a daughter. I prayed silently that I would also be thankful hoping we will always be close as we are now. I know that we will not see eye to eye on everything, but I keep telling her that she can always talk to me about anything. My wedding anniversary is a fews weeks away. Can't believe it will be 24 years. Some days I remember things when we first got married and it feels like it was not that long ago. But when I say 24 years it makes we stop. My husband has been so wonderful all these years. Thank God neither one of us is perfect or we would not have made it this long. We love each other in spite of our imperfections and yet I think we are so perfect together. Well it's been 5 months since I last posted. I'll try to do better. And next time I'll post pictures to help me remember.

No comments:

From this day forward - 25 years later

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday June 29,2010 with dinner at the BlowFly Inn with the children. It has been the first ...